Updated 2nd May 2018
Hofesh Shechter Company is committed to keeping any information we hold about you secure and in accordance with our legal responsibilities under data protection and privacy laws.
- Privacy commitment
- Personal Information
Hofesh Shechter Company holds data on people who have come in to contact with the company via one or more of the following ways:
- Used our website www.hofesh.co.uk
- Opt-in subscription to email newsletter for either information on performances, workshops or auditions
- Third party customer booking data made available to us by venues where the company has performed
- People who have donated to the company
- People who have attended an invitation only event
- Donation prospects that we have been introduced to
- People who have attended our workshops and/or auditions
- People contracted to deliver courses or workshops
- People who work at venues we perform at such as programmers, producers, commissioners, marketers, box office staff
- People, such as teachers, who have, or may be interested in, attending a performance or workshop
- People contracted or engaged to deliver services on our behalf or provide products to us
- People who have interacted with us on social media
- People who have completed a paper or online survey
- People who have bought our merchandise or our downloaded music
- Personal data for Board members past and present
- Personal data for PAYE and freelance artists/ staff/ contractors
- Personal data for people who have applied for jobs/ contracts with us
The Information we hold about you may include:
- Information you provide us in an online or paper form (for example, your name and contact details, postcode, age, feedback about our work)
- Details of tickets you have requested from us and/or your attendance at our productions, guest nights, press nights or other events.
- Communications with us (for example, using the contact form on our website, by email, or notes of phone calls)
- Information about your purchases, donations, event attendance and interactions with our communications – including the information available through the services we use to do this, currently Dotmailer, JustGiving, Ebay and PayPal.
- Information you send to us by email, via the contact form on our website or otherwise (eg your CV, information about your work).
- Your publicly available social media activity or analytics on you provided by social media platforms e.g. Twitter handle, posts and location.
- Information about you that you have provided a venue where we perform which you have agreed for them to pass on to us securely.
2.1 The details which you provide about yourself and any information which identifies you such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, country of residence and credit and debit card details (“Personal Information”) will only be retained by us if you provide this information when using one of the services available on our website, such as subscribing to one of our email lists. If you opt in to marketing communications, your information may also be used to enable us and third party websites to display relevant and targeted advertisements, based on previous behaviour, purchases, or any other relevant information.
The Personal Information you supply to us when you opt in to marketing communications will be used by the Hofesh Shechter Company to keep you up-to-date with events and activities organised by the Hofesh Shechter Company.
Each e-mail we send you offers you the opportunity to amend these preferences or unsubscribe. You can also ask us to do this for you, by e-mailing email@example.com.
The only times your personal information may be shared with a third party is if:
We have your prior consent to do so, as noted above, OR
We are using a third party to send targeted advertisements, using information about you such as an email address or site cookies, if you have opted in to receiving marketing communications and supplied us with your email address.
2.2 If you would like to revise the information provided to us at any time, or feel what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update the information by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.3 We may from time to time ask you for further information in order to update our records or for particular purposes. We will always tell you how we will use any further information received from you. From time to time we will need to send you our website and service announcement updates.
2.4 You have the right to obtain from us an electronic or paper copy of all Personal Information concerning yourself by e-mailing email@example.com if you decide not to use our services any further and notify us either in writing or by email as mentioned above, we shall destroy any retained Personal Information.
- How we use your information
3.1 We collect and hold information about you so that we can:
- Personalise your experience of our website and/or communications you receive from us
- Record who has given money or services to us so that we can tell them how their money has helped us and others, and to claim GiftAid where possible
- Manage our organisation effectively and continually improve what we do
- Develop our relationship with you as someone who may want to collaborate with us
- Inform future programming of events including better understanding of specific locations and tailoring work to specific audiences.
- Encourage bookings for our events and donations in order for us to be less dependent on funding – according to what marketing communications you have agreed to:
- to communicate with you about ourselves, our work, future shows, other fun stuff that we think you might find interesting, and opportunities to support us
- to communicate with you about upcoming auditions.
- to communicate with you about training and workshops
Although we sometimes will tell you about work from others, we won’t pass information we hold about you to them – unless you explicitly give us your permission.
Any feedback you give us we may use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission.
We may share information about you with law enforcement agencies or other organisations or individuals if we are obliged to by law.
3.2 Use of anonymised data
The information about you we use to demonstrate the impact and reach of our work to funders is anonymised.
We use a third party provider, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, for example, what you look at or access, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, information about your computer, including – where your browser provides this – your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is anonymised, and we will make no attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use a third party provider, TT Mail, a white label version of Dotmailer, to deliver our e-newsletters. Through MailChimp we gather statistics around email opening and clicks which are not personally identifiable.
We also analyse data from our social media platforms in order to improve our performance and engagement on these platforms.
- Web Logs
Every time someone visits our website a log file is generated on our computer. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the files that were requested, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the referrer URL (if provided) and the browser version. We collect this information to help us diagnose problems and administer our systems and to audit the geographical make-up of users and how they have arrived at our site; that is, from what other sites have visitors arrived – this information being obtained from the referrer URL.
We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that you remain anonymous even though we include your IP address in our aggregate information. However, we can and will attempt to use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms and conditions, or to protect our services and other users.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They make it possible for us to track visitor statistics, such as returning visitors.
This website uses the following non-essential cookies:
Google Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, so we don’t know who is using our site. We use the information on how people use our website to compile reports and to help us improve the site. You can go to http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html to find out more about Google Analytics cookies and how to opt-out of them.
Cookies used by Twitter and Facebook
These cookies provide information on visitors to Twitter and Facebook, check whether users are logged in to either platform and sets application cookies for Twitter and Facebook.
This website also uses advertising cookies and we offer the option to opt out of these to prevent them being set on your computer.
For more information on cookies, please visit:
Please note that we are not responsible for information available on these websites.
- Use and disclosure of Personal Information
6.1 If you contact us we reserve the right to keep a record of that correspondence and incorporate the information it contains into our database
6.2 If we are required by law or requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating potentially illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so. We may also disclose Personal Information to appropriate third parties to assist in anti-fraud checks and investigations.
- How we protect information / Storage and Retention
7.1 We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all Personal Information stored by us is kept on servers in a secure environment. Save as agreed by you for marketing purposes, only employees and approved contractors/developers we may appoint from time to time, and who need the information to perform a specific job, are granted access to personally identifiable information.
7.2 Regular security reviews are held by us to ensure that the site remains safe and secure for your protection.
- Surveys and Promotions
From time to time we conduct surveys and promotions and may request information from you as part of these. Participation in these is entirely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose any information which might be required. We may also ask you whether you would like to receive promotional emails and mailings from us about our other products or services. Again, you are under no obligation to accept such information.
- Users Under 18
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide Personal Information to the website. Users without such consent are not allowed to provide us with Personal Information.